Final Blog


Hello.. It's me Jack. As you know we got rescued. I'd like to discuss everything that just happened real quick, three people died. Another person almost died, I became someone else as soon as I stepped foot on the island. I promise you I'm a good boy, before everything happened I was a good person, I was the leader of the church choir. I don’t know what happened, I just don’t. I changed, and I can assure you I never want to be in that place again.

 What happened after we got rescue, well it all started off as we went back home to England. I know you're wondering if I got punished.. Well to answer your question no, no I did not get a punishment. I was sent to see a therapist. I didn’t really understand everything she was saying, but basically she said a punishment was not needed, I was in the wrong mindset. And I agree, I was in a complete different mindset. I feel horrible, Simon didn’t deserve to die, he was just trying to tell us that there was no beast. We were so focused on the idea of something being out there that we didn’t know we were the beast, each and every one of us was the beast.

And piggy .. He deserved more. His intelligence was outstanding, yes he was very annoying but he didn’t deserve it. He was trying to get something back that belonged to him, I don’t blame him.. Well not anymore. We bullied the poor boy, then we thought it was an amazing idea to throw a rock at him, we didn’t even feel bad. As soon as we told the officer and we saw his reaction, my life changed. We realized what just happened. I couldn’t hold back the tears, my life changed. I was seeing everything from a different perspective.
 
All of our parents are alive. I felt even more bad for them. Simon, Piggy, and the Littlun, their parents were in shock. They couldn’t believe their sons were dead. At first they hated us, they wanted to kill us, the amount of times they called us barbaric … I don’t think I can count that high. After a few weeks there was a funeral for all three boys. Thankfully all the other boys and I were invited. I asked to have a chance to say a few words, at first they thought I was a madman but yet again they wanted to know what I was going to say. To summarize what I said, it went a little something like this. "First of all, I'm sorry for everything. To the parents of Simon, Piggy, and the Littlun, you all created great people. I'm not saying that out of kindness, I mean it. They were all great and intelligent people, we had our differences but at the end of the day we can't take back our mistakes but for now we can say sorry, therefore with all of my heart .. I am sorry"

We all didn’t attend school for a while, well specifically 3 months. Our parents and therapist thought we still weren't in the right mindset and we have to get use to the environment we're in now, well basically return to reality. The offer of going to a different country was still there, and the first thing that popped up in our minds were.. These people are out of their minds if they think we are going to try to go on a plane again. Yeah no, never again am I taking that risk.

Comments

Popular Posts